4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check Engine Light...Catalytic Converter on a 2009 Hemi??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 12:25 PM
BullyT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BULLRAM
May not be related but, mine came on when i first got it, and the o2 sensor codes starting popping up, truck running perfect, just the light, turned out to be the PCM in our trucks for 09 had some problems,resulting in the o2 codes, new PCM and a reflash, and it has not come back on in 4 years.....
Thanks, Bullram. They already replaced the PCM and reflashed. Light stayed off for 4 or 5 days. They are convinced now it's the catalytic converter.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:37 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BullyT
Thank you, Katie. Yes, we did speak previously about another issue and you were very helpful in getting it resolved. I wanted to acknowledge that publicly on this forum, so people will realize that "Dodge Cares" does monitor this board and will work with Ram owners to get any concerns resolved.

I will send you a PM regarding the status of my current issue. Thank you again!

No Problem BullyT,

We are here to help.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:56 AM
dcarey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catlytic Converter Problems

I have had my local meineke repair shop put in two different left side catalytic converters and fouler plugs on my 06 Ram 2500. Also had a new muffler and pipes put on. After a couple hours of driving the check engine light keeps coming back on indicating a bad catalytic converter on the left side. After five trips to the repair shop Is the only option left to put on the factory complete system with two converters?

Old 06-14-2015, 09:08 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've seen a couple cats go with under 100,000 miles on the truck, in every case it was in a vehicle used primarily for short trips or almost all city driving conditions. Not running a vehicle on the open road or letting it come up to full temp and cutting it off can significantly shorten cat life.

Sounds to me like you've got one of the dealers that likes to throw parts at a problem until they happen to fix it. These type of dealers are all to common these days, regardless of brand...

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light...Catalytic Converter on a 2009 Hemi??