4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bully Dog GT or wait for Superchips

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:39 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bully Dog GT or wait for Superchips

Does anyone have an opinion on the Bully Dog GT tuner for the 2011+ 1500 Hemis? I'm tempted to buy one for my 2013, but I was a huge fan of my Superchips when I had my Dakota but not sure if its worth the wait. I can get a BD for $380 shipped, and I can't find any complaints except for the lack of documentation (which Superchips isnt much better from my experience). It's just Superchips hasn't even released of given any sort of ETA on the 2011s and they seem to be a little behind in the game.

I'm looking for something to get rid of my MDS permanently and a few extra ponies are nice. I won't be using it for monitoring.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:35 PM
rengnath
Champion

If the decision wasn't hard enough, HemiFever just announced Diablo now supports the 13 Rams ....

Old 10-31-2013, 09:43 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

IMO, check out what is available, don't wait ! Tuners are the best performance mod for the money and also you don't realize how much mds kills performance until you disable it.. Back in 2010, Superchips worked best for me, especially with the trans schedule, but they obviously have other prio's for the past couple years so just move on. Diablo's canned tune was crap back then so i dumped mine, but i am sure they got it right by now so I would do a custom hemifever tune with the plain flash device. Never cared for all the extra gauges and never heard much good about bully dog.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rengnath
Does anyone have an opinion on the Bully Dog GT tuner for the 2011+ 1500 Hemis? I'm tempted to buy one for my 2013, but I was a huge fan of my Superchips when I had my Dakota but not sure if its worth the wait. I can get a BD for $380 shipped, and I can't find any complaints except for the lack of documentation (which Superchips isnt much better from my experience). It's just Superchips hasn't even released of given any sort of ETA on the 2011s and they seem to be a little behind in the game.

I'm looking for something to get rid of my MDS permanently and a few extra ponies are nice. I won't be using it for monitoring.
One other thing you`ll get rid of for sure, is your warranty, by adding a tuner. Your truck also has a satellite, big brother chrysler knows exactly what your truck is doing as well as what you add into the electrical/computor side of things. If you dont care about that, install the tuner.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Rickram
Rookie

Diablo doesn't leave a footprint. Please be informed when you make statements

Old 11-02-2013, 09:24 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by Rickram
Diablo doesn't leave a footprint. Please be informed when you make statements
Please be more informed when you return a statement, they DO leave "footprints" in most all new vehicles today. Its called DATA recording.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:02 AM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

If a service tech wanted to dig deep enough, they've had the capabilities to recognize a module has been reflashed, canned tune, or CMR tuning. Why do you think the encryption codes have been more difficult for aftermarket vendors to crack. They've come along ways (Diablo) since '07 with the LX platform, unfortunately so have manufactures with encryption protection against vendors. Its just a game of cat and mouse.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Rickram
Rookie

According to Diablo they do not leave a footprint. This is what I was told about 3 months ago from Diablo tech on the phone. Of course he could be lying.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:33 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by Rickram
According to Diablo they do not leave a footprint. This is what I was told about 3 months ago from Diablo tech on the phone. Of course he could be lying.
If d-blo (or any other tuner box company) told their customer(s) they would leave a "footprint", how many units do you think they`d sell... likely next to none. Of course they`re lying. I meen really folks, if they can unlock your car doors for you from a satellite, they can see whats going on with your vehicle anytime they want. Even smart phones can start your vehicle from the other side of the world. Any fool knows that the seller(s) will lie to get the sale... at the end of the day, its all about business & profiting.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:25 PM
gutty96
Veteran

Well, technically not lying. They don't leave a "footprint" of what was changed. However, the system will show a log of the total number of times the computer has been flashed, so if the dealership has flashed 3 PCM updates, and the log could is 12. That could suggest that the owner is using a tuner.

Lucky for me, my dealership told me up front they don't care about tuners as they "don't change enough to hurt anything, anyway"

Quick Reply: Bully Dog GT or wait for Superchips