4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

2014 5th wheel/GN towing prep group ???

Old 08-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Cerber717
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
I am on market for a 2500, and there are much more options w/o 5th wheels prep option. From this post I see that to install the picture frame and the the 5th wheel is as easy as making the holes in the bed and installing the 7-pin connector inside the bed ( or running an extension from outside the bed).

Could someone confirm that ? or correct me ?

Old 09-04-2015, 10:28 AM
kayakman
Veteran

I love my Timbrens SES suspension. Timbren vs. Air Bags: Which is Better?

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/timbren-vs-air-bags

http://prntscr.com/8cinb2

Old 09-06-2015, 12:35 AM
SUPRDUD
Default I don't think so.

Originally Posted by Cerber717
Hey guys,
I am on market for a 2500, and there are much more options w/o 5th wheels prep option. From this post I see that to install the picture frame and the the 5th wheel is as easy as making the holes in the bed and installing the 7-pin connector inside the bed ( or running an extension from outside the bed).

Could someone confirm that ? or correct me ?

I have not crawled under any trucks built lately, but the ones that I was under that do not have the 5th wheel prep DO NOT have the castings that the picture frame connects to. You may be able to order them through the parts department and install them later but it would take some time.

It may be wise to check the prices and labor required if you want to run the factory 5th wheel setup. An aftermarket 5th wheel may be found that might be much cheaper.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 5th wheel/GN towing prep group ???