4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2010 Ram 1500 - 6 inch lift & new wheels/tires caused steering and vibration issue???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013 | 05:09 AM
McGuire
|
Default 2010 Ram 1500 - 6 inch lift & new wheels/tires caused steering and vibration issue???

Hello, I just installed a 6" RCX suspension lift with kicker bars on my truck along with new american eagle 079 series 20" wheels with -12 offset and 4.7 backspacing with Falken WP AT 35x12.5x20 Tires. It has 37k miles on it and it drove and road like a dream and now I just want to get rid of it if I can't fix the shaking and vibrations and the steering wheel trying to pull me to the left and right. I have to keep a good hold of the wheel in order to keep it straight and it is hard to keep it going straight down the road with both hands on the wheel. I ordered wheels and tires and had them balanced and mailed to me and then the shop (Big O tires) did the lift and aligned the frontend. They said everything was good and they drove it and it drove great he said. Nope, not to me! It is going back tomorrow but I want to know if you guys know what is wrong and what I should tell the guy to test or fix. I am bringing my old stock tires with me to let him put them on and then we can drive it to see if that helped so we can narrow it down to wheels/tires or lift. Let me know what you think. Thanks! (first thread from me-see how it goes)

Quick Reply: 2010 Ram 1500 - 6 inch lift & new wheels/tires caused steering and vibration issue???