4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New 2014 owner couple of tech ?s

Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM
DonniePalmer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. At least spoke with the service manager yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. He said within that 300 miles its pretty normal for that to intermittently happen. He then followed up to say if it ever starts happening every start up or for more than few seconds to get it in and they will take care of me. Yesterday was the first day I did a few acceleration runs from 40-60 as the manual describes at speed wot is beneficial for break in. Started this morning and there was no clatter. Loving this truck though. Still hard to believe I'm driving a new vehicle I didn't think I'd ever own one!

Old 02-03-2014, 11:05 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PostalTwo
take her in to the dealer mine is mostly quiet except when its real cold like -25 c
PostalTwo,

It is always beneficial to bring issues to the attention of the dealer. Any details that are noticed (sometimes amplified during extreme temperatures) can help the diagnosis process move forward.

@DonniePalmer, congrats on the new Ram!! I'm glad to hear the Service Manager was able to help you out. It's important to identify irregularities early and give the dealer an opportunity to have a look and resolve under warranty.

Take Care,

Old 02-04-2014, 09:47 AM
PostalTwo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonniePalmer
Thanks guys. At least spoke with the service manager yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. He said within that 300 miles its pretty normal for that to intermittently happen. He then followed up to say if it ever starts happening every start up or for more than few seconds to get it in and they will take care of me. Yesterday was the first day I did a few acceleration runs from 40-60 as the manual describes at speed wot is beneficial for break in. Started this morning and there was no clatter. Loving this truck though. Still hard to believe I'm driving a new vehicle I didn't think I'd ever own one!
Glad to hear its worked out for ya and that u have a nice supportive dealer. I too love my ram and it never stops making me smile gl

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2014 owner couple of tech ?s