4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

multiple sensors going off in my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 05:45 PM
gzjohan@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy multiple sensors going off in my truck

My 2009 Ram 1500 Sport started acting up in the cold weather. First the tire sensor started flashing, then the ABS, soon after the Service 4 Wheel Drive and now the ESP BAS is on. Interestingly, the onboard computer shows 0 messages, so I cannot diagnose with the code reader. It seems though that the 4 wheel drive engages and disengages without a problem and also, the tire pressure is OK (checked recently at the gas station). Can anyone help please?

Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gzjohan@gmail.com
My 2009 Ram 1500 Sport started acting up in the cold weather. First the tire sensor started flashing, then the ABS, soon after the Service 4 Wheel Drive and now the ESP BAS is on. Interestingly, the onboard computer shows 0 messages, so I cannot diagnose with the code reader. It seems though that the 4 wheel drive engages and disengages without a problem and also, the tire pressure is OK (checked recently at the gas station). Can anyone help please?
gzjohan@gmail.com,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. This time of year, the cold weather can have an affect on the operation of your truck. It is important to maintain your vehicle and ensure all fluids are topped off.

The tire pressure sensor system is designed to indicate when the tire pressure has dropped below the recommended inflation. I have attached a page from the owners manual that provides details regarding how temperature can affect tire pressure.

The illumination of the Anti-Lock Brake (ABS) indicates the brake system should be serviced in order to restore the benefits of the ABS system.

I have also attached, from the owners manual, information pertaining to the Service 4WD lamp and the Electronic Stability Program (ESP).

How long have you been experiencing the issue? Have you had an opportunity to notify your servicing dealer?

Last edited by DodgeCACares; 03-04-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply: multiple sensors going off in my truck