4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Electrical Guides
Print Wikipost

Left side parking, tail and tag light fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Honkifurhemi
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Left side parking, tail and tag light fuse?

I'm pretty sure I must have blown a fuse for the left hand side front parking light, tag light and tail light since all are no longer working.. does this make sense?
Everything on the right side is working as it should.

Where the heck is that fuse? I can't find it and would love to get it changed asap. Looked in the owner's manual but says nothing about this in the TIPM.
2010 Ram 1500...
HELP PLEASE

Old 06-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just looked at the wiring diagrams and it looks like it's the TIPM board. All of the signals you mentioned come out of the TIPM and off a board that says "CIRCUIT BOARD - not serviceable". It could be a loose or wet/corroded connector coming of the TIPM, all of those signals you called out come out of the TIPM C7 connector. In the DIY section of this forum I posted a link to the diagrams. Enter your vehicle info and then click on the EXTERIOR LIGHTING SYSTEMS, then select the wiring diagtram. Good luck

https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extr...ew/classic.htm

Old 06-05-2014, 01:45 AM
Owensue
Veteran

Did some google searching, and found one fella who said when he was experiencing lamp issues " I figured out if I pull over and shut the car off and reset by tiring car to on and tapping gas pedal three times( Factory maintenance reset)"

Now, this is also the reset for the oil change minder, so maybe it does more than we are led to believe. Give it a try. Also look for a common ground between these lamps in the circuit diagrams.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Honkifurhemi

Thanks for the replies.. this has/had me stumped. I checked every fuse under the hood.. no problems there.. changed bulbs...that didn't work..tried the reset..nope.... finally found what I think caused the problem...
I had it in the body shop for some minor body work last week and discovered that they had hooked both the hot and ground wires from the add on tag lights I had installed to a hot wire when they replaced the rear bumper, causing a short.. I disconnected the short and on the way to the body shop to give them hell, the thing reset itself.. all is good now. (except the add on tag lights don't work)

Is this normal? I've heard of having to go a certain distance to reset the reading on tire pressures, but never anything like this.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Consider yourself lucky that they didn't blow the TIPM. Those lights use solid state electronics for control and have no fuses. When the circuit blows, the electronic board within the TIPM is bad and can't be fixed, this meansd a new TIPM.

Quick Reply: Left side parking, tail and tag light fuse?