4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Homelink and Sommer Garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Ironhead
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink and Sommer Garage door opener

I have a 2010 Ram that came with Homelink. I recently purchased a Sommer garage door opener and tried to program it to Homelink without any success. I just got off the phone with Homelink after spending a hour with them trying to get it working. Their final thought was to take the truck to the dealer and ask them to update the software because there is no way they can tell what version I have in the truck. Has anyone had any success in connecting Homelink to a Sommer Garage Door Opener?

Old 12-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Ironhead
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem solved

Update.

Contacting homelink was useless so I contacted Sommer in less than 5 minutes the tech was able to diagnose the problem and offered to send me a new homelink module for free. I replaced the module and was able to program homelink in about 20 seconds. The old module was dated 2009 and the new one was dated 2014.

Quick Reply: Homelink and Sommer Garage door opener