4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015 | 11:16 AM
SeanTG84
|
Rookie
Default Headlight Wiring Harness

Hey everyone,

I have been having some issues with my driver's side headlight (low-beam) lately. The light seems to go out randomly when I hit a bump a certain way and the only way I can get it to turn back on is by taking everything apart and messing with the wiring harness (I have checked the bulb multiple times).

Saying that however, I already took the truck to the dealer once for this exact issue and they charged me about $250 to "fix" it. But to be honest, I'm not even sure they put a new part in as the issue continues to this day. Took it in again yesterday for another small repair, but also had them take another look at the headlight. They came back to me claiming the wiring harness is "jumping voltages" and that'll cost another $240 to replace it. After claiming they won't help me because my truck is now out of warranty (their first "fix" came in-warranty), I decided this stealership will no longer be getting any more of my money. I'm now debating attempting this repair myself.

I was wondering if any of you have done this before or have an idea of what needs to be done. Also, I'm looking for part number for the necessary wiring harness if anyone knows it off hand.

I appreciate your help ahead of time, thank you.

- Sean

Old 03-18-2015 | 11:35 AM
oldjeep
Champion

No experience with this, but for around $60 it looks like an upgrade to the stock harness.
http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Put...-PRD35842.aspx

Old 03-18-2015 | 11:56 AM
SeanTG84
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by oldjeep
No experience with this, but for around $60 it looks like an upgrade to the stock harness.
http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Put...-PRD35842.aspx
I appreciate the help, thank you.

Quick Reply: Headlight Wiring Harness