4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air Conditioning Issue

Old 07-05-2015, 01:24 PM
kenm78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning Issue

Ok, I have a 2011 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Cummins 6.7 4x4 with 64K miles with a bit of an A/C issue.

I live in Oklahoma and it can get a bit humid and warm from time to time... So an issue I'm having with my a/c is when its 90 outside and I can go start my truck up it can literally run for 10 -15 minutes or even longer with the a/c on normal, or high it makes no difference and it will initially start to blow cool air but that only lasts for a few minutes if that and ends up blowing warm air. It won't start blowing cold air again until I start to drive it down the road. I have always had this issue from day one when I purchased this truck used with 18K on it. When my truck was under warranty it was checked out twice with no problems found.... I even asked them to check the fan clutch and the dealer reported that it was fine.

I would love to be able to start my truck up one day and let it be cool inside prior to me having to drive it. Any suggestions to resolve this would be great, thanks.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:05 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Take it to a reputable shop that does ac work and have it properly diagnosed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air Conditioning Issue