4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is this under my dash??

Old 08-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Pylonflyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this under my dash??

Just got myself a 2012 Ram Hemi and was not told/explained to what this is bolted under the dash? Is it related to an alarm? Lojak? There is what seems to be an aftermarket alarm horn under the hood but hard to tell in the mess of wires if they are related. Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails What is this under my dash??-ram-1-.jpg   What is this under my dash??-ram-2-.jpg  
Old 08-15-2015, 08:39 PM
dwaldmann
Professional

Please take your truck IMMEDIATELY to the nearest CIA office, as that appears to be an interface to the Nuclear Missile Codes for Croatia.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:53 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it loose and see if there are any numbers on the bottom of it?

Old 08-16-2015, 02:36 PM
Pylonflyer

Originally Posted by dwaldmann
Please take your truck IMMEDIATELY to the nearest CIA office, as that appears to be an interface to the Nuclear Missile Codes for Croatia.
LOL, that was my second guess. Better put on my tinfoil hat and look for the Black Helicopters.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like a combination valet switch/LED indicator.

Old 08-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

mine has a similar unit, and on mine it's the dealer installed alarm. Mine has an led that flashes when the vehicle is locked. If yours has this flashing led, then it's probably the alarm. Also, under the hood on the firewall behind the brake booster is a little detector of some sort.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Arvada
Amateur

It looks like a Karr brand alarm installed at the dealer. Nothing but an easy way to make some extra profit. I made a dealer remove it all together after I refused to pay for it. If the plastic key is removed you will not be able to start the truck. I have also removed these in the past. It was easy. Just do some searching for it. It's probably installed with 3m crimp connectors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is this under my dash??