4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HVAC, stuck on RECIRC

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 06:29 PM
dksob81
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC, stuck on RECIRC

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. I noticed that the RECIRC button doesn't actually do anything. You can not hear any different in the HVAC, the light comes on but now difference in sound or temperature from the vents (w/ A/C on).. I took the glove box off and when you start the truck the RECIRC door moves into RECIRC mode, even though record is off, but never returns. Doesn't matter if you have it on floor or vents auto or manual, the RECIRC is ON all the time.

Any suggestions?

Old 09-18-2015, 02:37 PM
John Valdes
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dksob81
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. I noticed that the RECIRC button doesn't actually do anything. You can not hear any different in the HVAC, the light comes on but now difference in sound or temperature from the vents (w/ A/C on).. I took the glove box off and when you start the truck the RECIRC door moves into RECIRC mode, even though record is off, but never returns. Doesn't matter if you have it on floor or vents auto or manual, the RECIRC is ON all the time.

Any suggestions?
Blower damper motors have been an on going issue with these trucks since I bought mine in 2009.
There was a flash for it, but they ended up replacing at least one damper motor. The plastic gears are what seems to be the problem.
Even today after these years, the fan speed will change on its own or the damper is opening or closing on its own. Not sure, but it sounds like I manually adjusted the speed or the position without touching anything.
Its better than it used to be, but it does have a mind of its own.

I guess I just got used to all the little issues this truck has provided.

Quick Reply: HVAC, stuck on RECIRC