4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Direct fit performance muffler for Ram

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 08:01 AM
carid
Former Vendor
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Direct fit performance muffler for Ram

Flowmaster mufflers are created to give your performance engine a deep smooth sporty sound. If this is what you were looking for, Flowmaster Outlaw™ Stainless Steel Direct-Fit Muffler is meant to be yours!

Designed for the Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L 2009-2015, this bolt-on direct fit muffler features a special build Outlaw muffler that has the inlet pipe and hangers pre welded.

Its main features are:

- Stainless Steel Construction
- Dyno Tuned For Maximum Performance
- Race Proven Outlaw Muffler Technology
- Muffler Type - Welded Baffle
- Covered by Flowmaster's Lifetime Limited Warranty.

Flowmaster mufflers employ two unique and patented technologies developed by the company; Delta Flow™ and Laminar Flow™. They give different characters of sound and can be tuned to achieve the desired exhaust note.

These are in stock as of right now, inquire for the price quotes in the comments below! Don't forget to include your shipping zip!

Old 09-20-2015, 08:36 AM
dwaldmann
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carid
Flowmaster mufflers employ two unique and patented technologies developed by the company; Delta Flow™ and Laminar Flow™. They give different characters of sound and can be tuned to achieve the desired exhaust note.
Is this an end-user feature? If so, what is the process, i.e. does the muffler need to be removed to make changes, or can it be done in situ?

Old 09-20-2015, 09:11 PM
FireFighter
Veteran

I don't think so, I believe it's just pending on which model you select. I just downloaded the installation guide for it and it states nothing about tuning.

direct fit mufflers are available with a mild, moderate, aggressive, and very aggressive outside and inside sound level.

How about a group purchase price? Just picked up my 2015 Ram yesterday and it's too quiet

Old 09-23-2015, 05:24 PM
dwaldmann
Professional

I doubt it's user-tunable too, but that's what I inferred.

Speaking of quiet exhausts, I'm wondering. My 2015 had very noticeable rumble from the factory, but I wanted something more so I got a Magnaflow 18. It was louder, but not significantly at first; it did "break in" to a nice throaty sound, maybe roughly twice as loud as stock.

My son just got a 2013 that seems to be set up the same as mine: 5.7 Hemi, dual exhaust. But his is quiet, as in car quiet. Do the "Sports" have a louder exhaust than other models?

Quick Reply: Direct fit performance muffler for Ram