4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rattiling / grinding noise driver side on the floor panel in idle

Old 09-28-2015, 06:02 PM
MishalNR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattiling / grinding noise driver side on the floor panel in idle

I have rattle grind like noise i feel it in right under my foot only when its idling. i went to the dealership and they changed the engine mounting which was fine and it did not do anything does anybody has the same proplem ? It does not happen constantly Please help

Old 09-29-2015, 02:29 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I searched for a TSB that could be related to this concern, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find one. My recommendation would be to bring your vehicle back to the dealership and let them know that this concern is still occurring, MishalNR.

Aside from the fact that you hear it when the vehicle is idling, are there any other specific conditions you notice when the noise occurs? Any extra info could help your dealership properly diagnose the vehicle.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:26 PM
MishalNR

it happens when i put it either in P or N because the rpm goes to 500 it happens but when i rev a bit it goes away as soon as the rpm goes back it makes the sound again i can feel under my feet i personally think it might be a screw or somthing but sounds like a fan hitting a plastic thing or something vibrating on steel

Old 09-29-2015, 05:36 PM
MishalNR

I have the video if you wanted to hear give me your e mail please so i can send it to you

Old 09-29-2015, 09:40 PM
stlhrscwby
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was just at the dealership for what I thought was a lifter noise that turned out to be loose torque converter bolts. Only happened on startup and sometimes from a stop. Maybe what your hearing also?

Old 09-30-2015, 12:14 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I will PM you my email, MishalNR. Just so you know, I won't be able to diagnose the sound through the video, as we rely on our dealerships to diagnose vehicles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rattiling / grinding noise driver side on the floor panel in idle