4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FOB in washing machine now working

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Ironhead
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOB in washing machine now working

About a year ago I found my lost FOB in the washing machine. Dried it out and could never get it to work. Every few months I would take it apart and put it back together and try again with the same results - not working. I never tried to start the truck with the FOB, so today I go outside and put it in the ignition and it starts the truck and now to my surprise the buttons are working again! Maybe by starting the truck it reprogrammed the FOB?

Old 11-08-2015, 02:15 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Electronics do funny things after water. I've seen computers not work at all after being fully dried out, and then days later, magically work again and be fully functional. Glad you got lucky with that one.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:47 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I should try washing mine - neither fob has worked for sometime. Changed batteries and cleaned contacts with no luck. One of these days I'll have the dealer figure out if it is the fobs or the control box in the truck.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:00 AM
CHILLYPOND
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Maybe I should try washing mine - neither fob has worked for sometime.
Ditto. Works some of the time but dead in the most inopportune times. Sometimes when I place the fob close to the base of b-pillar (huh!), I can get it to work consistently. Discovered that while playing the part of crazy dude walking around and around his truck flicking his fobik while trying to unlock the damn door.

Quick Reply: FOB in washing machine now working