4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Induction Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016 | 11:11 AM
dstone84
|
Default Fuel Induction Service

I plan on taking in my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi in for it's 60,000 mile service next week (It actually has close to 69,000). I know I am going get the spark plugs replaced. In the manual it is also recommends that I get the automatic transmission fluid / filter flushed.

However when I was talking to a service adviser yesterday he mentioned I should also do a Fuel Induction Cleaning / Service along with the spark plugs? Has anyone heard of this before? I checked the manual and it doesn't mention it for the 60,000 mile service. What is it and do you recommend it getting done?

With just the spark plugs and automatic transmission flush I am looking at $600+. The adviser told me the fuel induction service would be another couple hundred. I really don't have kind of spare cash right now, if you had to choose one would you chose the automatic transmission flush or the fuel induction? I am leaning towards the transmission cause its actually in the manual but y'all probably know best.

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-18-2016 | 11:17 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

It's called upselling. It's another way for the dealer to make money by offering services not recommended in the manual. It's your choice. Easy enough to do yourself by removing and cleaning the throttle body. I would do the transmission before the fuel induction service. They also "claim" to clean the intake and injectors as well. I've never actually seen them perform the service, but for only a "couple hundred", I can't imagine it's much more than spraying cleaner into the throttle body. If it actually involved removing the TB, intake, fuel injectors, etc, it would cost much more than that.

Old 03-18-2016 | 09:40 PM
jjphurst
Rookie

If the fuel induction service is like what I used to do at the station I worked at, the vehicle runs off the can of cleaner instead of gasoline for about 5 or 10 minutes. You then take the can back out of the system and change the spark plugs because of all the crap that got cleaned above them in the injectors and such.

Quick Reply: Fuel Induction Service