4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine stalls then after while will restart

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 08:21 PM
rsbd1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine stalls then after while will restart

Hi, I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie w/5.7 Hemi engine. I was driving yesterday and the engine just stalled. As it stalled the EVIC said something about a directional light failure. The truck would not restart so I called for a tow.It was going to be an hour so after waiting and before the tow truck got there I tried and the truck restarted. Drove about 15 min and it stalled again. Waited another hour before it restarted again then drove the rest of the way home. This morning I drove to my friends garage to run tests. The only code was a "low battery voltage" code. We ran tests on the battery and the charging system and everything tested 100% There was no problem with any of the directional lites although we did find one headlite and one fog lite out. Don't know how long they may have been out though. I also noticed when I drove it this morning that the ECO lite on the EVIC did not come on even though I could tell it was in the 4 cyl mode. After the code was reset the ECO worked. I have heard that even a small battery problem can can cause the computer to get confused. Anyway except for replacing the battery I'm lost. Anyone have a similar problem?

Old 04-25-2016, 01:33 AM
rsbd1
Default Engine stalls then after awhile will restart

FYI, Had the dealer check out the truck the found a ground wire that was left loose after a fith wheel hitch was installed. Everything seems good now.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:03 PM
biggcrisp
Rookie

Installed a 5th wheel hitch on a 1500 aye.

Quick Reply: Engine stalls then after while will restart