4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no coolant reservoir level sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default no coolant reservoir level sensor?

We were out camping and before coming home I checked the fluids. Oil and trans were fine but the coolant reservoir was empty. The radiator was full with maybe needing 1/2 a cup to fill. The last time anyone touched the coolant system was about 18 months ago as I had the dealer do the coolant exchange where they sucked out the coolant and replaced it using a machine.

There are no visible leaks and the fact that it was basically full, makes me think that maybe there was some air in the system after the exchange. I refilled using the HOAT coolant and am keeping an eye on it.

What I don't understand is why there is a stupid wiper fluid sensor and not a coolant one.

I did check the oil cap for any sign of moisture, there was none. Also while towing a small TT on the way home with 95 degree temps, the temps stayed at 201 to 203.

Quick Reply: no coolant reservoir level sensor?