4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo PCM for 2015/2016 and questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 01:42 PM
MoparJP
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo PCM for 2015/2016 and questions

I am considering a Diablo PCM swap and tuner for my 2016 Ram Crew with 5.7 and 65RFE 6 speed auto. When ordering, do they need to have the exact miles on the odometer and can the truck be driven in the time that it takes to receive the computer? Or must the miles remain very close?

Additionally, when putting the new PCM in at lets say 15,000 miles and putting 20,000 miles on the truck, will the mileage read 35,000 on the odometer as it should when I put the stock PCM back in for a dealer visit? Or will the odometer go back to reading 15,000 as it did when the new PCM was first put in?

I am mainly asking these questions to avoid trouble with the dealer down the road, and eventual emissions testing.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:11 PM
hemifever
SPONSOR

Hey man. the odometer does not get its mileage from the pcm. Therefore you can swap them around all you want and the odometer always remains accurate. If you did end up at the dealer with the unlocked pcm, they wouldn't know it anyway. Its a factory ecu just unlocked at Diablo. The tuner device itself can't unlock it. Folks still swap the factory ecu back in before going to the dealer anyway.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:32 PM
MoparJP
Rookie

Originally Posted by hemifever
Hey man. the odometer does not get its mileage from the pcm. Therefore you can swap them around all you want and the odometer always remains accurate. If you did end up at the dealer with the unlocked pcm, they wouldn't know it anyway. Its a factory ecu just unlocked at Diablo. The tuner device itself can't unlock it. Folks still swap the factory ecu back in before going to the dealer anyway.
Thank you! I have sent you a PM