4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cylinder 8 Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 12:15 AM
J.oliver97
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder 8 Misfire

I have a 2012 ram hemi. So just recently when I get into the gas the check engine light comes on and the truck starts missing. I can let off the gas and give it a little bit and it shakes bad and misses. I can turn the truck off then back on and it stops until you get into it again. It's showing cylinder 8 misfire detected. I changed the coil and it stopped for a few weeks, and just started again. I changed both plugs and it did not solve it. Therefore I'm thinking the coil may be bad again. Any other ideas on what it could be? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:30 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by J.oliver97
I have a 2012 ram hemi. So just recently when I get into the gas the check engine light comes on and the truck starts missing. I can let off the gas and give it a little bit and it shakes bad and misses. I can turn the truck off then back on and it stops until you get into it again. It's showing cylinder 8 misfire detected. I changed the coil and it stopped for a few weeks, and just started again. I changed both plugs and it did not solve it. Therefore I'm thinking the coil may be bad again. Any other ideas on what it could be? Thanks in advance.

What did the coil you took out the first time look like? Did it look like it was oozing black goo out the side?

Old 05-20-2017, 05:04 PM
J.oliver97
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's negative. Update: changed the coil again thinking maybe I got a bad one, still did not fix it.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

flat lobe on the cam

Old 05-21-2017, 01:05 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pedro Dog
flat lobe on the cam