4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intermittent tire pressure system fault

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 10:16 AM
greenweenie
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intermittent tire pressure system fault

Hey guys,

I put aftermarket wheels and tires and leveling struts on a few months ago, with new aftermarket tire pressure sensors, and ever since then I've had an intermittent fault on the front left (driver's side) sensor. It's not a low pressure fault, but a full loss of signal. It happens as often as once a day and is infrequent as once a week. After driving for a while it usually comes back.

So far I've rotated the tires, the fault did not follow the wheel so I don't think it's the sensor inside the wheel... and I disconnected and reconnected the plug for what I think is the wire going to the receiver that reads the TPMS for that tire. It's a cable that goes down into the steering knuckle and has a plug up on the fender liner.

Should I replace the receiver? Is there something else I can check out?

Thanks