4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

100k service

Old 04-22-2018, 06:37 AM
Big had
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100k service

2011 Hemi Motor. Auto trans. Transmission was serviced at 60k. Plugs were also replaced. I got lazy and haven’t truly stayed on top of this truck. It has 0 issues though. But here I am, sitting at 93k miles, 7 years old. Decided to get going on any required services. Yesterday I drained the radiator. Fluid was red. Replaced it with zerex G-05 fluid. It’s yellow. No issue there, right?
drained rear axle. Replaced it with Lucas full synthetic 75-140 and added dealer additive.
Replaced the PCV valve. The old one looked new still,and moved freely.
Replaced serpentine belt. Again, pretty amazed at how good the original one still looked. No cracks, no signs of nearing a failure.
Today going to replace front axle oil with Lucas full synthetic oil. I think it’s 75-90. I know it’s different from rear.
going to drain transfer fluid and add Napa +4 full synthetic trans fluid.
Am I using the right fluids guys?
what else should I be replacing?
the truck has always used Mobil one 5-20 engine oil which I replace every 5k miles. The air filter is clean. Recently did the cabin filter.
Any advice greatly appreciated. Fuel filter? Suggestions and feedback appreciated.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:41 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

As long as the fluids meet the specs listed in the owners manual, you’ll be fine. I’d also follow whatever maintenance is recommended by the manufacturer for the mileage. Can’t go wrong following the manufacturers recommended maintenance schedule.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 100k service