4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aftermarket Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 09:48 PM
d12341234
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Bumper

Hey All,

I'm in need of a new rear bumper after being rear-ended. I was thinking about a heavy duty aftermarket bumper (in case someone hits me again ), but it's confusing because of my factory duel exhaust. I feel I've been all over the internet and the ones that claim are for duel exhaust, have pictures of ones without the cutouts or show a Chevy or something? Can anyone steer me in the right direction? My truck is a Black Out 2012 Ram 1500 Express with dual exhaust, w/o sensors.

Thanks

Old 08-05-2018, 02:55 PM
daktwos
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The bumpers on these trucks is mostly cosmetic,not structural.The real protection in a rear collision comes from the class IV receiver to which the bumper is fastened to via the 6 screws.If there is a hitch installed with a ball,pintle,beavertail or similar protruding beyond the bumper that will be the initial point of a straight on impact and transferring the forces directly to the frame instead of the bodywork.A aftermarket bumper will likely mount to the same points as the oem unit and afford you no better protection.imho

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Bumper