Transmission coolers lines or power steering - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 4th Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

Transmission coolers lines or power steering

4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission coolers lines or power steering

Old 02-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Pepsi111
Default Transmission coolers lines or power steering

Hey guys new to forum I drive a 2011 ram 1500 sport quad cab love it been solid for 80k miles. But today I seen a leak underneath popped the hood. It looks like itís the transmission cooler lines but also looks like itís headed in the direction of the rack also could it be power steering? Just seeing if anyone can verify. Leaking at the crimp. Thanks everyone in advance.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 AM
CHILLYPOND
Professional

Originally Posted by Pepsi111 View Post
Hey guys new to forum I drive a 2011 ram 1500 sport quad cab love it been solid for 80k miles. But today I seen a leak underneath popped the hood. It looks like it’s the transmission cooler lines but also looks like it’s headed in the direction of the rack also could it be power steering? Just seeing if anyone can verify. Leaking at the crimp. Thanks everyone in advance.
Welcome to the forum. That's your tranny cooler plumbing. The OE lines for the 5/6-speed transmissions failed frequently. The updated part is: 55056859AD. That gets you both lines, pressure and return. They're not sold individually.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Pepsi111

Originally Posted by CHILLYPOND View Post
Welcome to the forum. That's your tranny cooler plumbing. The OE lines for the 5/6-speed transmissions failed frequently. The updated part is: 55056859AD. That gets you both lines, pressure and return. They're not sold individually.

awsome thank you. What transmission fluid should I use in the mean time until I get it fixed just got slammed with snow today.??

Old 02-11-2019, 02:54 PM
MoparFanatic21
Champion

Originally Posted by pepsi111 View Post

awsome thank you. What transmission fluid should i use in the mean time until i get it fixed just got slammed with snow today.??
atf+4

Old 02-12-2019, 03:17 AM
CHILLYPOND
Professional

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission coolers lines or power steering

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: