4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission stuck in 4th gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 10:59 AM
John Groves
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission valve body/solenoid pack

I have a 2012 ram 1500 express, hemi, 2wd. While driving it went into manual mode 4th gear. Park, reverse, neutral work as normal. A quick research shows the solenoid pack as the culprit. I'm having a hard time actually getting one (back ordered for the grey connector) I have 2 questions.

1. Will the white connector (older model same part) work, seeing as how its cheaper and more readily available.
2. While taking everything apart to change if and when the part comes in, I noticed the bottom side of the valve body has a lot of "spider cracks" concentrated around the bolts. Is this normal and is it a need to concern with replacement of that also? It looks like the factory torqued the bolts too tight, but I'm not a rocket doctor so I dont know for sure.

Last edited by John Groves; 03-14-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Transmission stuck in 4th gear