4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2012 Cummins won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 02:10 PM
Joseph Martin 1975
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Cummins won't start

Just bought it Monday. I opened the door with a manual key that came with the truck and the alarm sounded. Didn't think anything of it but today it won't start. Has 12.6 in the batteries, says service 4wd comes up on dash? All seems like it should work but I think I made something go haywire with the alarm. Can't figure it out with all the tech. It's a Laramie and all electrical. It dose sound like it clicks the starter but never engages.help....

Old 04-22-2020, 05:00 PM
Mike Holmen
Professional
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Are all the wires at the battery tight? There is a wire that uses a bolt that seems to loosen up. Have you locked/unlocked the truck since using the fob? You might have to clean the battery cables from corrosion. Mine gives me fits everyone and awhile as well..

Old 04-22-2020, 05:07 PM
Joseph Martin 1975
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Are all the wires at the battery tight? There is a wire that uses a bolt that seems to loosen up. Have you locked/unlocked the truck since using the fob? You might have to clean the battery cables from corrosion. Mine gives me fits everyone and awhile as well..
They are tight. Has good voltage, checked 40 amp fuse for starter. I hear a click like the Bendix is engaging but not turning over. I assumed it was alarm related but I'm lost .

Quick Reply: 2012 Cummins won't start