4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Mileage Loss and High Idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2021 | 11:16 AM
RandyandGina
|
Default Fuel Mileage Loss and High Idle

I had to have my 2016 Ram 1500 in for warranty work, replaces Manifold Gasket and PVC Seal due to small oil leak, when I received my truck back i noticed a big drop in mileage and
1st thing in the morning a higher than normal idle for a few seconds and a skip only for a short period, 1st thing i thought maybe they crossed a vacuum hose or left one off,
i called the dealer to see if the Mechanic took any hoses off that could have been crossed or left off, i was informed only the brake booster hose had been removed, the truck has no codes
or light on stating there is an issue, my mileage has dropped in 4 weeks from 17.5 to 13.8, there has to be an issue that i am not aware of, i find it ironic this started the day after being at the dealer,
any idea where to start, wants 135 bucks to see if they made a mistake?
Thank you
Randy

Quick Reply: Fuel Mileage Loss and High Idle