4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Would really be a life saver!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021 | 04:08 PM
Laramielonghorncummins12
|
Default Would really be a life saver!!

2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Laramie Longhorb Edition from Canada, but currently resides in Colorado. My dealership Purchase the vehicle at an auction, obviously. I had some medical difficulties but straight to it. This truck has a bypass module on it I'm not familiar with these newer vehicles I am a mechanic that worked on 2nd generation and before I'm trying to get my vehicle to start which it did before I replaced the win module the TIPM , transmission, pm.I rewired the bypass skim module which is a drone compustart DR-3400. The company is trying to get a hold of the previous owner from Canada to cancel the subscription or 2 at least disclosed to the company that they have sold the vehicle. What I'm asking for is I'm pretty sure I need to ground out 2 wires to the chassis for the immobiliser while one wire but it will become a trifecta once I spice into it I'm just not sure which 1 and I hate to ask such a odd question but I'm definitely no thief I could disclose Vin number and everything I know nobody could provide that kind of information just out front but if somebody could give me some direction you'd be really helping me ou

Old 06-10-2021 | 09:24 AM
SHO Rod
All Star

Is it possible to just completely remove the Compustart immobilizer?

-Rod

Old 06-11-2021 | 11:29 AM
Laramielonghorncummins12
|

Originally Posted by SHO Rod
Is it possible to just completely remove the Compustart immobilizer?

-Rod
I can definitely take it out but still have a wrong key message. Buttons on my fob are no longer there. I use whatever I can to actuate buttons with contacts on fob. The immobilizer I believe I can ground to chassis but not sure which wire😅

Quick Reply: Would really be a life saver!!