4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intermittent drivetrain electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 11:59 AM
bnooooo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent drivetrain electrical issues

I have a 2011 Ram 2500 with a Cummins and have been having quite a few electrical issues lately. The main issues steming from the transmission. The truck will drive/idle perfectly normal and then out of no where will throw codes and wont run right. The codes I've got are P0882, P0988, P0876, P0871, P0846 and P0087. All of these codes have been able to be cleared except for the P0882. I brought it to the dealer, they replaced a relay and were able to clear the P0882 but it came back less then 100 miles later. When this happens the truck shifts into drive/reverse pretty hard and won't leave 4th gear even if I try to manually shift it. The other issue being the P0087 which was a low rail pressure code. It threw this code randomly when driving and then would barely run until I reset the code. I don't believe theres anything mechanically wrong with the transmission since I got a low rail pressure code around the exact same time. I've replaced the TIPM and this didn't fix anything. From what I can tell, all of the grounds are good but I'm not sure if I've found all of them. Other small issues I've had relate to ABS lights, service 4WD lights and airbag lights but I haven't had any of these issues since replacing the alternator. The alternator was replaced because it wasn't charging the system at all and I believe it was the cause of the ABS/4WD lights since they haven't been back on since.

Quick Reply: Intermittent drivetrain electrical issues