4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SEMA Build up

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010 | 06:31 PM
RawRam
|
Professional
Default SEMA Build up

Hey guys. I have the 2WD Ram that has the 10" lift on 38s. We decided to go bigger so we sent it down to BNC Off Road down in Texas to get a custom 19 to 20 inch lift built. We are building the truck up for SEMA to be a Truckin feature ride there then after the show they are shooting it for a feature with plans of running it on the cover if the pics turn out great. So chalk one up or the Dodges! Gonna be nice to see something other then a chevy get attention.

I need your help though. Im running out of ideas for the truck. Id like to get some suggestions of parts i should try to go after to get sponsored on the truck for SEMA. Ive got quite a few already but i know there has to be something im not thinking of. Think of your wish this what parts you have. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I will keep you all posted with updates as the truck progresses. Check out my painter Ed Williamson at www.KustomPaintbyEd.com

Current pic of truck.

Rendering of "The Head Hunter"

Old 08-12-2010 | 07:08 PM
USAF1
Professional

Whoa, we're not playing nice today..........

Old 08-12-2010 | 07:37 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

thats unnecessary randomdef... a big black ram on 38s doesnt seem stupid to me or many other people. besides, its a sema build up, you got to go big out there to get noticed. thats how you end up in magazines and show others whats possible

rawram are you planning on bringing that paint scheme inside? i painted my silver dash pieces to match my hood & gate..

you have a laramie as well so i know you have the leather and i think that green on the inside with the black would look sick.

with the truck up that tall make sure you get some nice pipe tips out back.. rbp 5" black ones out back would be cool.

you could also look into some rbp side steps... and grille

im usually not a fan of the big build ups that gate seen in truckin.. but this one looks pretty good.

Last edited by Doc Fluty; 08-12-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2010 | 08:34 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

Random

While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks.

Old 08-12-2010 | 08:49 PM
sking
Veteran

How about a front skid plate.

Old 08-12-2010 | 09:04 PM
RawRam
|
Professional

thanks for the input guys! what did random say? i guess it was deleted. we picked up RBP today for a sponsor so we will be running their side steps and grill. the exhaust they dont make for our so i cant run their tips cause the AFE sponsor has exhaust, intake and TB spacer. We will be bringing the paint scheme into the inside. will have a fiberglass headliner painted to match the exterior so when you look up you see it and also a custom console in the middle with some subs painted to match. prolly gonna paint some other trim inside too. the skid plate is a great idea. i updated the rendering with new parts that are going on it. keep the ideas coming, its great to hear other opintions.

Old 08-12-2010 | 09:08 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

your laramie wont work with the single bulb projectors you have in the rendering, not without cutting and rewiring anyway

love the front bar idea... the only thing i can think of that isnt pictured is a new hood.

not a must.. but since your going all out... go all the way lol

Old 08-12-2010 | 09:11 PM
JC1390
Professional

maybe grad a Road Armor or Fab Fours bumper...front and rear?

I'd throw on a led bar from http://www.rigidindustries.com/ instead of those big round blobs on the bull bar.

turbo?

Old 08-12-2010 | 09:26 PM
myhikingboots
Rookie

Tunes redo?

Old 08-12-2010 | 09:35 PM
big4x4dodge09
Professional

check out the www.ironbullbumpers.com they are big, mean, and REALLY nice...i want these for my truck....but they are quite expensive!

Quick Reply: SEMA Build up