5th Gen Ram Tech 2019+ Ram Trucks: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2019 Ram 1500.. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2019 Ram Limited Sun Roof Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 02:09 PM
DodgenBill
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 Ram Limited Sun Roof Problem

Hi All, Several months ago we had problems with our Ram 1500 Limited. Once resolved, we found the problem was a leaky rear cabin window. The dealer had to remove the original powered window and replace it with new seals. But, since the weather here in New Hampshire, has become more Spring like I wanted open the sun roof. No joy. The switches in the center of the windshield don't seem to do anything. I do hear a click when I press the close side of the rocker switch, for the main glass, and also to close the tilt of the main glass. Opening or closing the sun shield, nothing. I took a look in the manual and found 3 fuses control these functions, all 3 are located in the interior fuse panel, located under the drivers side dashboard. I decided to check the fuses, and found two screws at the bottom of the panel. I removed both screws, the panel seems to be held in by some other means. I don't want to pry out the panel, since it plastic, and is firmly held in place. There is a small removable panel to the left of the large main panel, I removed this panel and found what looks like a small lever, with a orange lanyard attached. I looked in the manual and found no mention of this lever. I don't want to just pull it without knowing what the results may be. I'd like to look at fuses F18 (30A) F33 (10A) F35 (10A) they are listed to operate the motors for the sunroof. I'd like to know what that lever with the orange lanyard controls. Thanks

Old 06-09-2022, 08:11 PM
DodgenBill

Thanks to Youtube.com, I think I found what that lever with the lanyard is for. If I need to towed, and the truck is in Park, I'd have to pull this out, and slip a metal tab to release the transmission from Park into Neutral. Now I have to find out how to remove the large panel under the steering wheel. I tried, but only got as far as removing the screw along the bottom. Any ideas?

Old 06-13-2022, 03:25 PM
DodgenBill

I finally got brave enough to remove the panel in the drivers footwell. I watched a youtube video showing how this panel is attached. I pulled the 2 screws out, and pulled and pried out the 7 connectors into the dash of the truck. It revealed the Interior Fuse Panel. I pulled, and tested all the fuses noted to be connected to the Sun Roof. (F-18, F33, and F35) all tested good. I also found what that mysterious lever, with lanyard is for. The lever is the emergency Park release should you need a tow with a dead battery. Pull the lever to put the transmission into neutral. I also while under the dash, the OBD-II plug, it is mounted next to the LED under dash light (almost on the same mounting of the light) The plug is mounted longitudinally, it is black in color and hard to see, but there.

Old 07-03-2022, 05:00 PM
DodgenBill

I think the Sun Roof problem has been solved. Of course, when dealing with any car dealer, the secret is throw money at them. I had to toss them $1560.60 to finally get the sun roof to open and close. Seems they finally got some engineering direction from Ram Engineering/Customer Service. On the 4th trip to the dealer, they tested the open/close switch for the headliner, and found it shorted, and replaced it. Next, no joy, so they tested both motors, headliner, and glass motor, and found both to be shorted. They replaced both motors, problem solved. I got the call, they sent a car, took me to the dealership. I tested the sun roof, all fixed. I did get a 2 year warranty unlimited miles warranty. Now, after the holiday, I have to call Ram Customer Service and clear the complaint, and item number.

Quick Reply: 2019 Ram Limited Sun Roof Problem