Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

Will trade 2 pair Infinity Kappa 6x9 for.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:41 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will trade 2 pair Infinity Kappa 6x9 for.......

I have 2 new pair (4) Infinity Kappa 6x9s. Model # is 693.5I. These are 3 way speakers. I purchased 2 pair because the Crutchfield site listed them as the size for the front AND back. Well, the fronts are 6x9 but they are not deep enough for the Kappas. The rears are 5.25"

I tried to fit them up front with spacers but it could not be done. They also have external xovers that need to be hidden somewhere. Back in the boxes they went and have been sitting for almost a year. I forgot I had them. I also have a set of Infinity Reference 4" two way speakers that can go for free. They are new but I cannot find the box. I believe they (the 4 inch) are rated at 35 watts RMS. The 6x9s are rated at 111 watts RMS. All four speaker numbers match their boxes. Both pair have their grilles and mounting hardware as well as instructions.

These are the top of the line car audio speakers. You can't hook these to your factory deck and expect miracles. These speakers need power. They also need more depth than a 95' Ram can provide.

The speakers were $300.00 per pair and $100.00 for the 4 inch. They are not ebay purchases. They were bought from an authorized Infinity dealer. I think they have about 19 months warranty left. The Kappas are registered with Infinity.

I am looking for a mono amp, preferably something with some gutz. I can handle a thousand RMS @ 2 ohms. I would happily trade all three pair for a single amp.

If it strikes you, give me an email. Lets see what you got. DieselDemon@stny.rr.com

Good luck with ALL our rides.

DD

[IMG]local://upfiles/12792/4C0758FED11E4F2B94E2E97F4F424DBC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-16-2007, 07:30 AM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Default RE: Will trade 2 pair Infinity Kappa 6x9 for.......

you know...i was gonna quote your post...in different spots...but dude...your talking these speakers up like they are handmade...when they are far from it...hand-made would be mbquarts from germany...and they dont even cost 300 a pair...these speakers are ENTRY level for audio enthusiasts...ask ANYONE who has tried to upgrade a FACTORY infinity system with afermarket...PERIOD...

and you want to trade those speakers for a mono amp that does a kilowatt at 2 ohms??

i applaud you if you can find someone that uninformed an niave...but i guarentee you it wont be from here...theres a deal...and theres rape...and you my friend...are trying to really get over on someone...

later

Old 09-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rappin_trashman

you know...i was gonna quote your post...in different spots...but dude...your talking these speakers up like they are handmade...when they are far from it...hand-made would be mbquarts from germany...and they dont even cost 300 a pair...these speakers are ENTRY level for audio enthusiasts...ask ANYONE who has tried to upgrade a FACTORY infinity system with afermarket...PERIOD...

and you want to trade those speakers for a mono amp that does a kilowatt at 2 ohms??

i applaud you if you can find someone that uninformed an niave...but i guarentee you it wont be from here...theres a deal...and theres rape...and you my friend...are trying to really get over on someone...

later
I don't find it to be an amazing deal but he's not raping anyone here. It seems to me you are trying to compare these to a factory infinity system, if so you know much less about car audio than you claim. Kappa's are not the god of speakers but they are not entry level, I've run Kappas in the past and they have very good clarity and sound, best paired with a woofer though (and the OP is correct, you will want to amp these).

A mono amp that does a kilowatt at 2 ohms is not hard to come by at all unless you're looking for top of the line stuff. Speaking as an "ANYONE who has upgraded a FACTORY infinity system with aftermarket.... PERIOD" you need to stop presenting your own personal opinions as fact. He made a post in the correct section offering items for sale, there's no need of you coming in and making negative posts about it, let the buyer decide based off actual facts, not opinions presented as such.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

later
1. You were going to quote my post where? And for what purpose?

2. If you read again it says "I can HANDLE a thousand RMS @ 2 ohm. It doesn't say that's all I would accept.

3. Since you are such an audo expert, I guess I should be honored that you would waste your precious time to post your opinion to my entry level ***.

4. Maybe you should go to Germany and become a salesman for mbquarts, seeing how your are the final authority on car audio.

5. I must have missed where I said I was upgrading a FACTORY infinity system. Must be your superior reading comprehension skills that lead you to that assumption.

I'll stick with my "entry level" stereo system. You want to accuse me of "getting over on someone", you should do it in person. Stick your mbquarts up your ***, little man. No one is trying to rip anyone off.

I guess this site should be thankful it has a watchdog like you keeping an eye on things. Where would we be without you?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:18 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

yeah man im going to agree with altair here. You had no right to bash his post... He's a lil high on the price he listed, but hes not trying to sell them for that. Infinity makes a great product and is actually what I'm running in my truck. And offering all 3 of those for one amp is a great deal...

Bump for a set of speakers...

Old 10-05-2007, 12:23 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: DieselDemon

later
1. You were going to quote my post where? And for what purpose?

2. If you read again it says "I can HANDLE a thousand RMS @ 2 ohm. It doesn't say that's all I would accept.

3. Since you are such an audo expert, I guess I should be honored that you would waste your precious time to post your opinion to my entry level ***.

4. Maybe you should go to Germany and become a salesman for mbquarts, seeing how your are the final authority on car audio.

5. I must have missed where I said I was upgrading a FACTORY infinity system. Must be your superior reading comprehension skills that lead you to that assumption.

I'll stick with my "entry level" stereo system. You want to accuse me of "getting over on someone", you should do it in person. Stick your mbquarts up your ***, little man. No one is trying to rip anyone off.

I guess this site should be thankful it has a watchdog like you keeping an eye on things. Where would we be without you?
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] bump for ya buddy

Quick Reply: Will trade 2 pair Infinity Kappa 6x9 for.......