Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

Custom sub-box center console for dakota w/ fosgate 8" sub

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 AM
FrankJames
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom sub-box center console for dakota w/ fosgate 8" sub

If you're looking for a little bump in that dakota but can't decide how to get it there, this is the solution. I built this custom sub-box center console for a friend with a dakota and then he ended up deciding to sell his truck so didn't want to bother ripping out the factory console while trying to make a sale. So, here it is: fits PERFECT in between the seats of a dakota, doesn't even need bolted down. Measurements are 9" wide, 11.5" tall, 20" long (upper dimension) and 25" long (lower dimension). Includes the Rockford Fosgate p2d28 thats shown in the picture. Note: I have been building subwoofer enclosures for years; this is not just a box that holds the sub, its a box that makes the driver perform. WinISD Pro was used for all calculations. When you buy a prefab box off the internet, you're not getting a box that is specifically built to maximize a particular driver's abilities like this one does. Box specs are: 1cf, rear firing slot port tuned to 40hz. Although it never made it to the dakota, I threw it in my ram to test it out. This little 8" sub is very impressive and is extremely musical in this particular enclosure. It responds well to upper range mid-bass (100-250hz range) and plays well all the way down to 30hz. Only needs about 250 watts to do so. The box is neatly wrapped in black vinyl with 3 layers of dense padding on top for comfort (padding is under the vinyl obviously). The rear of the box has no vinyl (it was meant for a reg. cab dakota in which case you wouldnt see the back) but I can include a piece of vinyl with the sale so you can finish it if you like. I also installed a spring loaded wire terminal for convenience.

I did my buddy a favor and never charged him for all of this, because he'd have nowhere to use it and he's not the type to get online and sell something. So, I'd just like to get my money back out of it. Driver was $90, materials cost me about another 40... I'd like to see $125, paypal. Buyer pays actual shipping. so, to be perfectly clear, thats $125 plus shipping.

Notes:
-Box w/ speaker weighs approx. 15lbs.
-Box slants down in front and is vertical at rear.
-Driver is dual 2 ohm, meaning you must run it at either 4 ohm or 1 ohm.
-Driver is brand new, 08, and has 3 year RF warranty
-A custom built box like this, designed to spec for a driver, wrapped in vinyl would cost at least $200 from a shop. thats WITHOUT the speaker.
-It will work in other vehicles as well.
-I am in Johnstown PA

Any other questions email me at bikerider148@comcast.net

If nobody here wants it, I'll probably throw it on ebay and try to make a couple bucks off of it.

Attached Thumbnails Custom sub-box center console for dakota w/ fosgate 8" sub-dscn1313.jpg   Custom sub-box center console for dakota w/ fosgate 8" sub-dscn1314.jpg   Custom sub-box center console for dakota w/ fosgate 8" sub-dscn1315.jpg  

Last edited by FrankJames; 09-14-2008 at 12:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom sub-box center console for dakota w/ fosgate 8" sub