Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

FS: 76 Power Wagon W100 - 3/4 T. frame - 440bb

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 01:52 PM
MoparFan@
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 76 Power Wagon W100 - 3/4 T. frame - 440bb

I know it's not as nice as most of the trucks on here for sale, but here's what I got:

I'm selling my 1976 Dodge Power Wagon W100 Short Box. It's a 1/2 ton body sitting on a 3/4 ton frame. I bought it in 2007 with the intentions of fixing the body up, but time just has never allowed that to happen. It has a 440 big block with manual choke (Edelbrock carb) and has the part time 4wd transfer case kit, though I originally planned on swapping back to full time 4wd (the transfer case is a NP203 and the tranny is the 727) because I believe the chain is getting worn out, though the 4wd still does work. Dana front and rear end (can take a look if any of you want to know specifics). I was told the previous owner was in the process of turning it into a puller.

The body is rough, but then again it is an Iowa truck and 32 years old. The tires are drivable, the rear 2 still have pretty good tread and the other 2 showing some decent tread wear (33 x 12.50 x 16.5 tire size).

When I bought it I went ahead and replaced the tranny oil, filter and gasket since I wasn't sure when that had been done last (safer than sorry) and my brother recommended it (he's my go-to-man when it comes to vehicles). I've only driven, at most, 1500 miles as I primarily used it last winter when the weather was so bad and for a few trips to the dump. I also drove it once to work during the winter (about a 60 miles round trip) and it gave me no problems but with the price of gas then, I just couldn't afford to drive it daily to and from work, so basically it was strictly in town driving.

It's got a newer battery in it that is still under warranty and I have brand new battery cables, brand new fuel pump and brand new manual choke cable that go with it.

It's not really serving me any purpose and I figure why not sell it to someone who will drive it a little more regularly or that will have the time to fix it up. Or it would make a great parts truck for someone that's looking to do a big block conversion on their rust free truck. I'm willing to negotiate on the price, so it's $1200 or best offer and I'm open to possible trades.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call, Calvin 641-330-9825. Or you can email me at moparfan@(no spam)mchsi.com (of course, take the "(no spam)" part out of the email).

Thanks,
Calvin
Charles City, Iowa 50616

And in case anyone is interested, we also have quite a few other vehicles that might be available (don't quote me on the exact years, they are sitting out at the shop and my brother knows much more on them than I do). But off the top of my head here is what we have: 85 1 ton Dodge Crew Cab/Short box (has a 360, 4spd), couple of neons with bad engines, 63 four door Polara with push button tranny, 70 and 71 sweptlines 1/2 ton 2wd, Late 90's Pontiac Bonneville with a bad tranny, Late 80's Dodge truck with a lift gate (bad engine, good tranny, overall great body), and 2 Imperials 4dr hardtops (68's). Also, a 74 or 75 Charger SE (400/727 auto). We also have a few engines and I believe a few tranny's laying around. I'm sure there is more out there, but honestly I couldn't tell you what right off the top of my head. But feel free to throw out a request of you want, the most that will happen is we won't have it available. And as you can tell, we tend to be a mopar family!

Last edited by MoparFan@; 12-17-2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Edited the list of vehicles available.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:00 PM
MoparFan@

Also, I'm looking for a Truck and plow. Doesn't need to be fancy or good looking, just running and the plow working. And actually, I prefer the older trucks and Mopar is at the top of the list, of course!

Thanks,
Calvin

Old 12-19-2008, 01:36 PM
nemesis_SS
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its friggen gorgeous i wish i had the time. Please dont elt it get scrapped.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:17 AM
MoparFan@

Originally Posted by nemesis_SS
its friggen gorgeous i wish i had the time. Please dont elt it get scrapped.
I hope that's not sarcasm

And if things go well today with the guy that's coming to look at it, then it will be sold to a good home.

Thanks,
Calvin

Last edited by MoparFan@; 12-20-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: *Spelling error.

Quick Reply: FS: 76 Power Wagon W100 - 3/4 T. frame - 440bb