Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

ANYONE SELLING A VEHICLE...... WATCH OUT

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Custom Diecats
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE SELLING A VEHICLE...... WATCH OUT

I THOUGHT I WOULD LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT IS SELLING A VEHICLE..... THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE SCAMMING PEOPLE WITH VEHICLES FOR SALE.... WE HAVE HAD ( WE ASSUME) THE SAME PERSON CONTACT US WITH THE EXACT SAME MO AND WANT TO PAY FOR THE CARS WITH A CHECK FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY STATING THAT THEY OWN THEIR OWN SHIPPING CO... AND THEY WANT TO SEND US MORE MONEY THAN WHAT IS BEING ASKED FOR THE VEHICLE.... FLAT OUT THEY SAY I WANT THE VEHICLE ... WITH OUT ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR ANY THING... WHAT THEY DO .... IS THEY SEND YOU A CHECK ... WHAT THEY DONT TELL YOU IS THAT IT IS GOING TO BE FOR MORE... WHAT EVERYONE DOESNT REALIZE IS THAT THE CHECK IS NO GOOD.... AND THE UNKNOWING SELLER ENDS UP SENDING THEM MONEY. ITS SUPRISING THEY CAN EVEN TRY THIS STUNT AS THIS IS A HIGHLY PUBLISIZED SCAM..... I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD TELL EVERYONE JUST IN CASE SOME ONE DIDNT SEE THE 60 MIN SPECIAL.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Dimarini
Default RE: ANYONE SELLING A VEHICLE...... WATCH OUT

I have my truck on Autotrader and someone tried to do this to me. They kep't mentioning that it was a car, and they even asked for more pictures.

The scam was pretty easy to figure out, they wanted to send a cashier's check for $8K over my asking price. This was because their supposed client had supposedly left on a business trip to Japan. So what's the big rush right? I emailed them back and told them what I needed for them to do and mentioned that it sounded a whole lot like an internet scam. I haven't heard back from them though.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Custom Diecats

It is a scam... as a matter of fact this person that contacted us actually changed is email address 3 times tried it with another vehicle of ours that we have also posted, he wanted to give us 3000 for a car that we were asking 1700 for and then he would give us 6000 so we could pay the shipping company..... we told him he could send the check to the shipping co. and have the shipping co give us cash when they came to pick up the car.
this is a very well known scam and people really do need to watch out for it..... they asked us for more pics of our vehicles also.....they have the same MO everytime
1) express extreme intrest in a vehicle and will pay any price for it.
2) want to send a check for double what you are asking for the said vehicle
every one needs to watch out for it..... because what happen's is you deposit the cashiers check and your bank thinks it is real ... you give the said shipping co... or send the person the extra back .... down the road you are out ur car... and YOUR money ..... as the check is bad and then you owe the bank even more money.... and all the while the people whom did this to you cant be tracked down, or traced in any way.
a way to stop them in their tracks is to tell them you want CASH only for your vehicle that is for sale.
ALWAYS CASH IN HAND.... MONEY ORDERS AND BANK CERTIFED CHECKS (CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF) CAN BE CANCELLED ( take it from a banker) . and it can take nearly a month to realize that it has been done. ALWAYS ACCEPT CASH ONLY and use the pen to check the bills.... REMEMBER ...... YOU are the SELLER ... they want some thing from YOU.... its all on your terms then. (sales 101)

Old 05-03-2005, 11:30 PM
kumijia

Yeah i think i almost got caught in one. heres the emails

Hello,
i am deeply interested in the purchase of your car a good buy which you put up for sale ,.. .i will like to know the last price you are
putting it up for sale,....and i will like to know if the car is in good condition.Do respond to my offer with required details and other
important details on this car....I expect to hear from you in good time a pics of the car will be appreciated..You can reach me if still
available..
Regards,.....davies_walter007@yahoo.co.uk
Dave

I emailed him back about the van and got this back:

Good day joel,Thanks for the response i will like to buy this van as said earlier am actually buying it for a sales clerk who works so hard to fix thing in my wharehouse,....am quite ok with your last price so i will want you to keep this van for me ok,...there is a client of mine oweing me and is ready to pay me back at present but i will instruct him to forward payment over to you instead,...he is actually oweing me $4500USD,...but for him to send you payment i would need your details to get the payment sent to you succesfully without any mistake as follows:
your full name...................,contact address..........................
private phone #.........................,country&zipcode........ ...........
my client will be sending you a certified bank payment,....but i do not know the total sum he will sending over yet but as soon as he sends patyment i will inform you on the status on the cheque,...i live in the UK and would really appreciate you get back to me as soon as you have your payment,so i can start immediate plans for pick up,....i look forward to your details so i can fax out to my client to issue out payment on my behalf.Thanks,Dave.

My reply:
Dave,I dont want to sound untrusting or anything, but this seems alittle fishy to me. They always say you have to watch out for internet scams. Can you give me some refrence or feedback from the dodge forum? Also, who would pick up the vehicle? If i cash your check, it's have to be transfered in to your name, also if it goes oversea's i dont know how that would work either, i never did that. Like i said, it's just alittle odd to me.
Joel

His:
Good day joel,
how are you and your family?hope you all are doing fine,...thank you for expressing your mind on this transaction,..i want you to know that this purchase happens to be the first good i will be purchasing from the web and i would want you to trust me thesame way i trust you on this,...since i am also far from you,...i will send you the details to which you will send the balance to my shipper after you have cashed the check,and remove your payment so you do not have to be worry ok,...your details i requested for was only to fax to my client who will send you payment ok,..so if all this is ok with you we can proceed to further this transaction in good time since my purchase is very urgent...hope to hear from you soonest.
Thanks,
Dave.

I never emailed him back, so that's where it is. From what i got from his very broken english, he was going to sent me $4500 for a $600 vechicle, and then i had to give the extra money to the guy that was suppost to pick up the truck. I just figured, I'd get screwed, because if everything did happen to go through, what would happen if the guy picking the van up, kept the extra money. I wouldn't be able to prove i gave it to him.

Quick Reply: ANYONE SELLING A VEHICLE...... WATCH OUT