Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

2000 Dodge 1500 (Northern MI)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:02 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge 1500 (Northern MI)

2000 Dodge Ram, 1500, short box, regular cab, sport package, 5.9 (360), automatic trans, 3.92 gears with a limited slip rear, leather interior, 165k miles. Asking $5,500.

I am the original/sole owner of this truck. It has been meticulously maintained since the day I brought it home from the dealer. I have a file with nearly every receipt that pertains to this vehicle. Oil has been changed every 3000 miles or sooner (religiously) with Valvoline synthetic blend (10W30). Motor still runs like day one... no oil dripping/burning at all. It has a total of 6" of lift (3" suspension, 3" body) with a new set of 285x70x17 BFG Mud Terrain KM2's. The truck drives up and down the road just fine... It has been my daily driver for the last ten years, set up just like this.

I have always kept up on the maintenance of the truck and replaced anything that was due. I recently replaced the water pump, timing chain/gears and all the little stuff that goes with that project... not because they broke but simply because it was scheduled maintenance stuff that was due. I replaced the stock intake pan with a Hughes Engines solid aluminum plate while I was in there since the stock setup is prone to failure. I replaced the heater core a few years back. The trans went out at right around 126,326 miles (about 4 years ago) and was professionally rebuilt using all the necessary updates/upgrades to make it last (shift kit, aftermarket trans cooler etc.). I replaced the original steering gear box with an aftermarket unit by PSC... setup for turning larger/off road tires.

The exhaust is only a few years old and has a 40 series flowmaster installed after the factory cat (single in, dual out), which exits out each side at the back of the truck with stainless tips. Its not obnoxiously loud by any means... just sounds nice and throaty.

The only thing "bad" I can say about the truck is that some rust is beginning to show its face... basically in all the areas these trucks get it. The rear tailgate and above a few of the fenders are the worst areas. The doors are still solid. I had the drivers cab corner replaced a few years back and then had the "liner" sprayed along the bottom. The paint has some fading in a few areas along with some peeling clearcoat.. but overall is in good shape. With a little paint/body work this thing would be mint.

The interior is pretty much as clean as the day I brought the truck home. The drivers seat had a tear in it at one time but I had it stitched up and it has been fine ever since. The dash has absolutely no cracks in it (quite common with these trucks). The carpet is cleaner than the carpet in most homes (has Husky floor liners for protection).

Some aftermarket accessories included with sale:

ARE fiberglass cover
Linex spray in bed liner
Pioneer CD player (still have factory unit as well)
Custom made sealed sub box behind the seats that fits two 12" subs (total of 2 cu.ft. inside)
Aftermarket door speakers and additional tweeters above the dash (cant remember brand)
Small 500 watt amp

Recent changes/additions in my life require me to have a 4 door vehicle, so this one has to go. Otherwise, in all honesty, I would probably drive this thing for another 150k miles or more. I would not be one bit scared to hop in this truck and head for Florida tomorrow (except the fact that it gets 12 MPG hahahahaha). I'm sure there is other things I have forgot to mention, so feel free to call with any questions you might have... I can literally answer any question you may have about the truck.

You can reach me at 231-632-1738 or springstead424@aol.com Call anytime... if I dont answer, leave a message and I will get back with you as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking,

Brandon

Last edited by dirtydog; 06-16-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: rules
Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that's a nice ad.
one suggestion if possible. either post the vin, or better - have someone with carfax/autocheck run the vin search and post the results in your ad. we recently did that and sold a car in 2 days.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:54 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
that's a nice ad.
one suggestion if possible. either post the vin, or better - have someone with carfax/autocheck run the vin search and post the results in your ad. we recently did that and sold a car in 2 days.

That is a great idea.

This evening a fella stopped by a took the ol girl for a test drive. Claims he will be back tomorrow with the money. If this deal doesn't pan out, I will have to consider doing that. Thanks for the tip!

I will keep this thread up to date on the sale.

And sorry about that desertdog, I didn't realize posting the link was against the rules. Thanks for fixing it for me!!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

SOLD!!!

Mods, this can be deleted now.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge 1500 (Northern MI)