Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

FS/FT 97' Dakota Sport 5.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:43 PM
GearHead_318
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow FS/FT 97' Dakota Sport 5.2

I'm located in Cincinnati Ohio

I have up for sale a Black 1997 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport rear wheel drive up for sale. It has the 5.2L (318c.i.) fuel ejected OHV V8, and 4 speed automatic transmission with overdrive. The truck has a little under 120K miles and has been well maintained. I'll go ahead and list everything that I can think of. Pictures will be up as soon as I can take some in nice weather, probably Wednesday. I'll tell you about everything I know of, good and bad. Price and trade info. is located at the bottom of the page.

The paint is in very good shape for a 13 year old truck, there are some scratches and dings but nothing to bad, you'll see them in the pictures.
The truck has been washed and waxed on a regular basis.
The oil gets changed on a regular basis. I have a receipt form the last oil change.
The front brakes, both front pads and I believe both the front rotors have been replaced recently. ($256) I have a receipt for that.
Last summer the radiator went so it was replaced along with the water pump after I noticed it was running hotter then normal, not dangerously hot but enough to get my attention ($800+)
The crankshaft sensor was replaced ($170)
It's a reliable vehicle, with many many more miles in its life.
Tires replaced a little less then 2 years ago, still has plenty of tread.
Has a dealer installed bed liner with notches that have in handy many times with holding things tightly in the bed.
Has factory tow package with hitch.
Has comfortable front seats with lumbar support.
The truck has towed a fairly small UHAUL trailer once when we moved, it towed easily.
The truck handles well, especially for a truck and has plenty of power for whatever you need it to do.

The passengers side window does not go up or down because the motor does not work, a new motor and it will work like new.
The front suspension squeaks, it started when it got cold a few weeks ago, the next day I heard no squeaking. Now it is cold again it squeaks, I think it needs to be lubricated.
It has been backed into twice on the drivers side, once on the door, the other a foot or two to the right of the first. However, the last time was in August of 2007 and I have driven it extensively since then with no problems, the truck received no frame damage or damage that has not been fixed a long time ago.
The front brakes squeak, they squeaked before they where replaced and they squeak now. It isn't too loud and it doesn't bother me.
The thermostat probably needs to be replaced
The front bumper is rusted on the inside and needs to be replaced, its the thin piece between the larger plastic bumper and the grill, there like $60

Thats about all I can think of right now, if I think of something to add, I will. Pics will be up ASAP.
The truck if for sale for $4,250 OBO but I'd like to sell it sooner rather then later so feel free to make a reasonable offer.
As for as trades, I'm mainly interested in 1994-1997 Mazda Miata MX-5's in good condition and ONLY with the manual transmission + cash. I'm also kinda interested in Foxbody and 96+ Mustang GT coups, Firebirds, Camaros, NO AUTOMATICS and NO V6'S. I'm kinda interested in Civic Si's, Integra GSR's etc. If you have a sports car that is in good shape with a manual that you think I may be interested in, send me an email, worst I can say is no.
I am NOT interested in motorcycles, your atv, incomplete project cars, junk, you get the idea.
My cell number is (513) 432-2103 or send me an email. If you call and I don't get back to you, send an email, I check it more often.

Photos
http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab190/gearhead318/

Quick Reply: FS/FT 97' Dakota Sport 5.2