Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

Selling my 97' Ram located near Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:19 PM
snopro879
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my 97' Ram located near Detroit

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 v8 5 speed nv4500 lifted 4x4 - $5000 (Roseville)

Up for sale is a 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 truck with a 360 v8 engine, a 5 speed NV4500 transmission, 4x4 with dana 60 front and rear. I bought this truck in pretty rough shape last summer. I picked it up with about 164,000 miles, and the engine had a misfire. Come to find out cylinder 5 had a bad valve seat and the engine needed to be replaced. So, in goes a 90,000 mile (roughly) engine from a wrecked pickup. During this time I installed a Stage 2 Centerforce clutch and resurfaced the flywheel. Also, the entire front end is new...every ball joint (all Moog), U joints (Precision), track bar (Moog), pads and rotors, and all axle seals (yes, even the hard one to replace where the CAD is). When I went to change the diff fluid I found the front was in excellent shape, but the rear needed attention. I ended up replacing the ring and pinion in the rear, and the front spider gears (had slight pitting starting). While I was replacing the engine I installed an MSD coil, new NGK G-Power plugs, bosch wires, new cap and rotor, and a fix for the lower intake plate leak (very common for these engines, causes them to burn oil and ping under load). I also installed a set of Pacesetter Ceramic coated headers, which are 1 3/4" into 3" collectors, which meet up in a Flomaster 40 series muffler with 2.5" dual outlets. To allow proper clearance of the headers, I installed 2.5" coil spacers in front, 2" add-a-leafs in the rear, and 4 new BDS shocks. Last but not least, the truck sits on 33" BF Goodrich A/T KO's that are in pretty good shape. I have put countless hours into this vehicle and it is really fun to drive. The exhaust sound reminds me of thunder (honestly) and it drives pretty smooth at higher speeds. Starts up every time perfectly and has never left me stranded. I bought a set of stock wheels and tires for cruising around the city with and I actually got almost 15 mpg in the city. Also has a Weather Guard diamond plate box with working locks. The bad...truck needs a bed and the left front fender is black unpainted. The bed is pretty bad, someone tried to fix it and failed horribly...looks like they painted it with a paint roller. I'm in the process of finding a new (used) bed for it, and if I do the price will go up accordingly. I'm assuming the unpainted fender was a small fender bender accident from previous owner. So, I'm assuming you're asking....why sell it after all the time and money invested? Basically, I want to go back to school so I'm selling everything I have that I don't need. I don't really want to sell the truck, but I could really use the money. I tried adding up my recipts for everything but I'm missing a few of them. I'd guess I've got between $4000 and $5000 invested in this truck. If you have any questions call me at (586) 863-7188. My name is Corey and I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Last edited by weedahoe; 04-06-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: removed CL link
Old 04-06-2011, 03:43 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

No CL links allowed per section rules so i fixed it for you

Old 04-07-2011, 03:31 PM
snopro879
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah I'm sorry, my bad. Thanks for correcting my mistake!

Quick Reply: Selling my 97' Ram located near Detroit