Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan part out

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:35 PM
MynewHEMI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan part out

I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan that I had the head gasket go out. I am not sure if the head is bad or the gasket just went out. 3 days before the engine went, I bought 2 rear tires brand new from discount tire. They are General I believe. 15 in on steel wheels. I also bought a brand new battery with a 3 year free replacement warranty two weeks ago. I bought a brand new EGR valve (I am going to try to return this, but I installed it, so I don't know that they will take it back). It has a 6 disc changer in dash. Grey cloth seats (captain chairs and rear bench). Silver exterior. I bought the shock tower repair kit as well. The van has 150k miles and ran great until this issue. It will run if you press the gas pedal WOT while cranking over and continue to give it gas. It had a new radiator last year (previous owner who is a coworker). The previous owner also had the timing chain replaced and the hydraulic unit in the transmission.

Let me know what parts anyone is looking for and I can get prices and pictures to you. I will sell the whole van as is for $600. I am in Northern IL. The body is not in great shape (rust on bottom, shock tower, and rear hatch has huge dent).

Old 02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
MynewHEMI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also replaced the driver's side window motor with a new unit last year. Everything on the van works except the engine. I would fix it, but I have two other cars and have never done this repair before. It would only be about $500 to $600 to fix with heads if you could do it yourself. It was very well maintained.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan part out