Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

FS: 98 Neon ACR Coupe w/9,100 orig miles, 2.4L, & Quaife!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 12:59 PM
10SecS4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 98 Neon ACR Coupe w/9,100 orig miles, 2.4L, & Quaife!!!

I'm selling what is perhaps the lowest mileage and most mint 1st gen ACR on the planet! Only 9,100 original miles! Never wrecked or anything like that. The paint is all original and has never been touched up. Not a single door ding! The car is in true showroom condition with a perfect interior.

I bought this Bright White '98 Plymouth Neon ACR Coupe back in 1999 as a brand new dealer leftover. It's a factory non a/c car, but it did come with a radio and rear defroster.

In the spring of 2000, I was one of the first to complete the 2.4L DOHC swap. I didn't have much time to enjoy the newfound torque, as the ear on the block which the alternator attaches to broke off in November of 2000. The car hasn't been driven since!

The car was garaged its entire life until early 2004 when I lost a second garage that I had been renting out next door to my father's house. It has since been stored outside at my father's place.

You can fix the engine by fabricating a bracket for the alternator, but with 2.4 motors being so cheap at the junkyards these days, I'd recommend just dropping in a new motor and being done with it.

Back in 2000, the car ran a best of 14.2@96 with the 2.4L DOHC swap. It weighed 2350 without me in it. This was on ordinary street tires. Keep in mind this was with the stock head, stock cams, stock pistons, stock compression ratio, stock exhaust manifold, stock exhaust system, stock ignition, etc!

Here are the mods:

ACR Competition Package including the adjustable Konis & all other ACR goodies
Quaife Limited Slip Differential (only 1k miles on it tops)
2.4L DOHC Swap performed by "Captain Nemo" in May of 2000
Aeromotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
AFX Underdrive Pulley
AFX "Race" ECU
Mopar Performance Manual Steering Rack
Iceman Cold Air Intake
Chrysler Infinity CD Player

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few mods, as it's been a REALLY long time! The car comes with the original white "Bubble" ACR wheels along with a set of the older 1st gen rims, also in white. I had swapped to the older style, as I really liked them better than the newer "bubble" look.

I'm asking $4,900 OBO, but the new owner will have to take care of the alternator issue. It's located in NY, about an hour north of NYC. I realize it may seem like a lot of money for an 8 year old Neon, but I'm sure somebody out there would be willing to pay a premium for an extremely low mileage 1st gen ACR that's in showroom new condition with a perfect interior!

I'm selling because I have way too many cars and way too many projects going on It's a shame too, because I absolutely loved driving this car! This would be the perfect candidate for a 2.4L DOHC Turbo or maybe even an SRT-4 swap! The car is pretty damn light and handles like its on rails with the factory ACR package!

Here are some current pics:

And here is one from back in 1999.

No difference between how it looks now and how it looked back in 1999!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Thanks,

Marc

Old 05-24-2006, 03:03 AM
10SecS4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FS: 98 Neon ACR Coupe w/9,100 orig miles, 2.4L, & Quaife!!!

I managed to wash and detail the car today. It was pretty dirty from being sunk in the mud for the last 2 years. The paint is shiney and I can proudly say the car looks truly showroom new with the exception of a small 1/8" stone chip I found on the front passenger side of the hood. The paint is as bright and sharp as the day I bought the car back in '99! No exaggeration! The interior, including the seats, carpeting, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift **** are mint with no signs of wear.

Unfortunately it got dark by the time we finished, so no more pics just yet, although I am going back to finish detailing it this Thursday or Friday. The car looks so sweet that I'm thinking if I don't sell it soon, I may just fab up an alternator bracket and use it as a daily driver. With gas prices as high as they are these days, it would be one of the most economic yet fun to drive cars on the road today!

I'll have the pics up by the weekend.

Quick Reply: FS: 98 Neon ACR Coupe w/9,100 orig miles, 2.4L, & Quaife!!!