Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

FS: '96 Neon Sport Coupe DOHC 5-speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Totally 80s
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: '96 Neon Sport Coupe DOHC 5-speed

After owning it for 10 years, I have finally decided to sell my black on grey Neon. I ordered it new and, through some friends at Chrysler, was able to watch it being built at the Belvidere, Illinois assembly plant in December of 1995 (they even let me bolt some parts on it). I have all of the documentation (build sheet, order info, window sticker, factory books, etc.) and it all goes with the car. I'll keep the picture of me driving it off the car carrier -- but can make a copy if you absolutely must have it!

When I ordered the car, I got everything on it but an automatic. It has a 5 speed manual transmission, the DOHC engine upgrade, "flash" interior, A/C, ABS with four wheel disc brakes, aluminum wheels, power windows, power door locks, tilt wheel, cruise, power mirrors, and a moonroof. My car was the first Neon coupe to be sold with a moonroof, and one of the first with power windows. Only a handful of '96 Neons were built with a moonroof (I was told the number was, roughly, 300). The car is black with a grey interior. When it was delivered, I had the dealer install the ACR (American Club Racer) leather wrapped steering wheel and leather shift ****. Both show typical leather wear, but are far better than the plastic parts that came on the car from the factory.

The car currently has only 62,415 miles and has been well taken care of. I collect and restore old mopars and this car was given the same great care I give all of my cars. It has new tires, brakes, the timing belt was replaced at 45,000 miles, and it is ready to go another ten years with reguar maintenance. Oil changes have been at 3000 mile intervals since day one and all service was done at my local Dodge dealer.

There are only two things that are not currently working properly. The driver's side door lock actuator sticks sometimes - but it does work, and one of the moonroof guide rails is broken (a typical Neon problem) and it does not open properly. Other than that, the car is in perfect working order. Cosmetically the car looks fantastic... being garaged and/or covered for most of its life. The only exceptions are some slight paint fade in two small sections on the roof, a couple of chips, and a few tiny door dings. In all, it's probably one of the nicest, completely stock, loaded, low mileage Neons around.

Email me any with any questions. I have the car listed on ebay (the auction ends the night of Sunday, August 6th. I have a buy it now of $3000 which I know is high for a Neon...but the smart person will buy it knowing that it's a turn key car that has been extremely well taken care of. I would have no concerns driving it across the country right now -- that's how good it is. If it doesn't sell on ebay, feel free to contact me at ak118@adelphia.net to talk about it.

I would keep driving it, but with a 1 1/2 year old son, it's getting harder and harder to put him into his car seat without getting kicked in the face. To cure that problem, I bought a'06 Magnum. I just have no use for the Neon anymore.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41419/C77030994BC94860AF28F84A5A84FA09.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-14-2006, 10:38 PM
spyder9669
Default RE: FS: '96 Neon Sport Coupe DOHC 5-speed

is this still available? where are you located? pm me

Old 11-08-2006, 09:44 PM
drowningcarolina
Default RE: FS: '96 Neon Sport Coupe DOHC 5-speed

PLEASE TELL ME UR CLOSE TO MICHIGAN!

Quick Reply: FS: '96 Neon Sport Coupe DOHC 5-speed