Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

AMC 360

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 02:08 PM
CommonMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMC 360

Thought I'd try here before I put this out locally in the paper. AMC 360 bored .030" over. Block is from a '78 Wagoneer. Block was bored with deck plates installed on the newest (at the time) high end Sun boring machine. Block was also mag fluxed...no cracks. Brass freeze plugs are already installed. TRW forged pistons. Crank was ground .010" under and also mag fluxed. MSD Pro-Billet distributor and MSD 6AL Off Road ignition box. New flywheel, complete gasket set, and bearing set, moly rings. This engine was destined for my '79 CJ5 that had a 304 in it. It got 9mph and as gas was on the rise the Jeep had to go since I never drove it. I also have a new set of heddman HTC fenderwell exit headers and a brand new set of V8 motor mounts. Everything is almost there for the short block assembly. I had not purchased a cam yet as I wasn't sure where I was going with the build. The heads are "dog leg" bare castings. I was going to treat them to all new valves and a Chevy rocker system.....so they are just bare castings that need all the works. I can't find a decent AMX or Javelin to drop this into so I'm just going to sell it. Over $2100 invested in parts and machine work so far. I'll take a reasonable offer. I also have some Jeep parts left over here and there and will let them go as well.