Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

Jack and Tool Set for '96 RAM 1500

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:38 PM
k12allen
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jack and Tool Set for '96 RAM 1500

I recently found the jack and tool set missing from the '96 1500 ram 4x4 I bought 2 yrs ago. Haven't needed them yet, but ...

You would think they would be easy to find in a salvage yard. Not so. As soon as a truck is put in a yard, customers pull the jack and tools to get parts from it or from other wrecks. They leave them scattered on the ground where they get buried, corroded and lost. I tried 6 yards and nada. Even searched in the mud.

Aftermarket stuff from an auto parts store isn't a good solution. The factory jack sits in a place where no aftermarket jack would fit - a generic jack would work, but would be nuisance being loose. The bigger problem is the tool kit has a driver for the spare tire cable and I haven't found something to substitute for that. Well, did test the cable system by wedging just the right size cold chisel in the socket and turning the chisel shaft with a wrench. It only took me 10 min to lower the tire that way - don't want to think about doing that on the side of the road, at night in the rain.

Anybody have these for sale or can point me to somebody who does?

ADDDED: Checked with my dealer on buying new stuff [sm=badidea.gif]
BUT I did find that what I need is stuff from a 94-97 RAM 1500.

[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 10-02-2006, 01:49 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Jack and Tool Set for '96 RAM 1500

Still no luck?
While I was planning on saving these for someone that wanted to do a factory restoration on an Indy I may let them go if the price is right

http://rm-indy.com/parts4sale/toolkit&jack.jpg

Old 10-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Junior5290
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jack and Tool Set for '96 RAM 1500

I have a jack and tools from a 97 dakota 4x4. Dont know if it will work but I have no use for it.

Quick Reply: Jack and Tool Set for '96 RAM 1500