Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

My System.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 04:58 AM
chet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My System.

Ive got an 01 ram quad cab. Im wanting to put 1 12' sub under the back seat, after looking around i decided to go with the Kicker CVX's. Im looking for a box to fit just under the passager side of my back seat, also i will be needing a new amp if anyone has any recommendation for throwing some wattage at this thing.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:32 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: My System.

Kicker has a deal rite now.....I beleive till the end of the month, where you buy one cvx u get a seccond one free...so you might as well get 2

Old 06-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Captain Pioneer
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is my question to you. How nice do you want ur subs to sound? If you want to have an easy install and throw a sub under the seat by using a Q-logic box, then by all means do that. But, if you want to have a great sound and low resonance distortion coming from a shotty box, pay the extra money and get a local shop to fab u a box. I know that its tempting to just pay the minimum $$ for a box that is easily installed yourself, but really i would pay the extra dollar to have them do it... well I would do it myself because i can but if you have little or no enclosure building knowledge then check ur local Audio shop

Old 07-01-2007, 04:26 AM
keyboardninja

ORIGINAL: Captain Pioneer

here is my question to you. How nice do you want ur subs to sound? If you want to have an easy install and throw a sub under the seat by using a Q-logic box, then by all means do that. But, if you want to have a great sound and low resonance distortion coming from a shotty box, pay the extra money and get a local shop to fab u a box. I know that its tempting to just pay the minimum $$ for a box that is easily installed yourself, but really i would pay the extra dollar to have them do it... well I would do it myself because i can but if you have little or no enclosure building knowledge then check ur local Audio shop
So true. The prefab boxes suck. I had one for a pair of 10's under my seat in my quadcab and it did not sound very good at all.

There is a local shop here in Houston that does some awesome work, and they recently finished a quadcab with Kicker CVX 12's in a ported enclosure.

The link for the rest of the pictures is here http://www.innovativeride.com/g38.htm. I was referred to them by other Dodge owners here locally, and man they do some awesome work. I'm just waiting until after I buy my wife her birthday gift (some insanely expensive purse at the mall) before I take the plunge on the system in my Ram.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:38 PM
the727kid
Rookie

If your looking for the most bass, give it a clean 1000watts, it will sound real clean and get pretty loud .

Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM
squatchie16
Professional

I have a prefab box in my truck and it does not suck. It doesn't have low output. It not 'muddy' or 'boomy' or flat. Its just there, and does its job. Its not too large, its not to small. Its just there, to play with my *****.

Quick Reply: My System.