Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Radio removal on an 07 Ram! Help???????

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 02:34 PM
biglg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio removal on an 07 Ram! Help???????

Ok, I have had two 2005 Rams and I know the 07's are different. I have read threads of people giving the steps for the 2002-2005 rams for the newer interior 06-07's.

Is removing the factory radio on the new 07 dash as simple as just popping out the little silver or woodgrain surround bezel that wraps around the radio? I thought I would ask before i go to breaking everything.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:35 PM
luvmytrk
Rookie
Default RE: Radio removal on an 07 Ram! Help???????

hello , removing the radio bezel is alittle tricky on the 07 rams , you have to remove 2 screws that go straight up at the bottom of the bezel but in order to remove those two screws you have to remove the trim on the dash below the bezel ,heres the instructions for removing the bezel.

REMOVAL

WARNING:On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, seat belt tensioner, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.

Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

If equipped, remove the floor console, (Refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/FLOOR CONSOLE - REMOVAL) .

Remove the cup holder if equipped, (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/CUP HOLDER - REMOVAL) .

On vehicles with a close out panel, remove the screws (3) and remove the close out panel (2).

Remove the screws (2).

Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, disengage the retainer clips that secure the instrument panel center bezel (1) to the instrument panel.

Disconnect the wire harness connectors (4) and remove the center bezel from the vehicle.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:42 PM
biglg
Professional
Default RE: Radio removal on an 07 Ram! Help???????

Thanks for the instructions. I finally received the radio yesterday. It took me a total of 10 minutes to change the head unit out.

However, i went from the factory single disc to a factory6 disc, mp3, tape head unit. Now my speakers sound like crap. Does the factory 6 disc have more power than the factorysingle disk unit? It is strange, but i have the bass at -9 and it still distorts the factory speakers.

I have already ordered aftermarket speakers for the front and rear doors, but I would like to know the power output of the single and 6 disc factory units! Please let me know if anyone can help!

Quick Reply: Radio removal on an 07 Ram! Help???????