Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Audio System Monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:02 PM
rmh996
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio System Monitoring

I have a 06 Charger SRT8 with the 11 speaker Kicker system. The Dodge Service Manual does not address some of the speaker locations as built into this machine. But, the real question before starting changing speakers and amps.. The manual refers to DTC's that will set, it appears, if certain things are done. One being changing the main amplifier. (The manual does not address the SRT8 separate Sub-woofer amp.) It appears that a B221F may set. Also, each speaker is also separately monitored and each appears to have a separate DTC's. So, does anyone know if or what conditions will trigger a DTC? And, does anyone know a way around the DTC's? OR, if DTC codes do set, if they don't actually show up as check engine light or throws a message to the radio display, I am good to go cause I would not care. What blows my mind is the mere fact that the speakers and amp are computer monitored in the first place. This is one of the FIRST things folks do to change out the cheap factory speakers. Thanks.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:49 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Audio System Monitoring

...wow....sounds like a mess of an audio set-up. I have never even heard of this.... sry im no help on this one.

Quick Reply: Audio System Monitoring