Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Do They Make RCA Jacks Like This?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do They Make RCA Jacks Like This?

I need some special RCA jacks. I need some that start off as one pair and then split off into two pair. I would just run two sets, but my Pioneer ony has one sub output in the back. I'm running two subs off of a 4-channel and and I have everything wired into the front side and I have my RCA jacks running to the front input only. I don't like it this way because it throws the amp into protect too much. I want to run one sub to the front side and the other to the rear. This will not work right if I only have an RCA running to the front input, well it won't work at all. I need two sets of RCA's that will plug into one output on my Pioneer. Do they make RCA's like this?

Old 10-06-2007, 04:28 PM
marionso14
Professional
Default RE: Do They Make RCA Jacks Like This?

Just buy a female to dual male y-connector. actually you will need two.just plug them into the amp end of the cab;e and your set. they shouldnt run no more than a few bucks a piece. depending on quailty you could see them as high as 30-40 bucks

Old 10-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

So the connectors plug directly into the amp itself and I just use the RCA's I've already ran. Run the blue to one connector and the white to the other. They plug in horizontally? This might not work because there's a pass-through inbetween the front and rear inputs. I'd have to find a wider connector.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

Never mind that. I just found what you were talking about on Scoche.com. What had me confused was I didn't know that your could run a blue and white off one blue and a blue and white off one white. I don't know why, but I was picturing a big T like you see with PVC pipe. I understand now and this will work. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:01 AM
marionso14
Professional

yea color dont matter as long they are plugged in right. just like speaker wire

Old 10-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

Dang it! Just went to Wal-Mart to see if they had the connectors and they had the complete opposite of what I need. They had one male to two females. Plus they were either all white or all blue. I'll try a car audio shop over in the next town sometime next week.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:27 PM
teva_feet
Professional

I think you're going to be SooL to find the cable/splitter you're looking for already made up. I went through my Belkin, Cables to Go, Monster and AR catalogs and couldn't find anything that was two females to one male. If you can't find it wouldn't be to hard to get the ends and put it together yourself. Upside with that is you'll get the exact length you need.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:50 PM
marionso14
Professional

actually its two male to one female and i sell them everyday if you cant find them on the net. www.stingerelectronics.com part #SNTY2M. if you cant find any let me know, i will get you a price and i can ship them to you.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

They have the dual females to one male at Walmart. I need one female to dual males. As a matter of fact I just found them on Crutchfield.com and ordered a pair. Only cost me six bucks and I got free shipping since I'm a pretty frequent customer. I'll be good to go here in about 4 to 5 business days. I appreciate the offer marionso14, but I'm good. I will write your name down though, in case I need something in the future.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:58 PM
marionso14
Professional

ok great. my parents own the store but i work there part time, just about anything mobile audio video related. and only namebrand quality stuff.pm me if ya need somethin

Quick Reply: Do They Make RCA Jacks Like This?