Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Help IPOD integration w/ Steering Volume

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:28 AM
dmg311
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help IPOD integration w/ Steering Volume

I've gone through the posts on here. Many were very helpful to help me get started. But I've come down to about three options. First my criteria. I do not want any other controls aka another clickwheel or display panel etc added to my console. I have a 2007 Grand Caravan SXT.

I would like to hook up the ipod to the stereo (even if i need a new stereo) and then use my volume controls and search controls on the steering wheel to change volume or fast forward through songs. I plan on mounting the ipod to the dash so i can look at the display on it, it would be great to have the now playing ipod info display on the radio but i don't think this is possible. I also want it to charge the Ipod while running (most if not all already do this).

Now for the three options i like best so far:
1. from the mopar website: iPod Integration Kit- Fully integrated adapter provides iPod control through your vehicle's audio system controls. Radio functions and displays vary between vehicle model and audio system. For use on models equipped with J1850 style radios
2. Ipod2car
3. this looks pretty cool: http://www.peripheralelectronics.com...&strSearch=

I'm open toother options.Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Help IPOD integration w/ Steering Volume