Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Going Double Din NAV System, Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:20 PM
ThaChad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Double Din NAV System, Need Advice

Hey All,

After much research, and debate, I have decided to go with the Alpine IVA-W205 Double Din Head Unit, and the PMD-B200 Nav for my '06 Dodge Ram 1500 MegaCab.

I decided on this because I like the ability to remove the Nav unit and use it in my other cars.

I have the Factory 6-disc CD Changer, and Infinity Sound system,with Steering wheel controlls.

I know I will need the SWI-CAN and SWI-JACK to be able to tie into the steering wheel controlls.

TheC2R-CHY is the harness module to tie into the Infinity system, but says that it only has 2 channels, and does not have the ability to faid front to back.

Here's my questions: Firstly I am NOT in the least bit impressed with the infinity system, I have been on other crystler products, but not on my truck. So will changing out the head unit make this infinity system sound better, or will it still sound like crap because of the amp/speakers?

I am wondering if it would not be better to bypass the Amp all together and install aftermarket Infinity Kappa speakers which I know sound great, and use the built in amp from the new Head unit? OR is it possible to install the Infinity Kappa speakers with the factory amp, and would this be better than bypassing the amp?

I don't want to have to do this install 3 times to get it right, so I'd like to get some input hopefully some of you have gone threw this already and can give me some insite?

Thanks for the help,

-ThaChad

Old 11-27-2007, 01:59 AM
ThaChad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Going Double Din NAV System, Need Advice

Anyone????

Quick Reply: Going Double Din NAV System, Need Advice