Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

95 trep infinity HU install Q's

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 02:54 PM
hazel_fae
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 trep infinity HU install Q's

I have the infinity sound system in my 95 intrepid. So far, i think its decent but i ordered an HD radio H/U to install. I've been doing research and i have a few Q's regarding installing a new HU. First, whats the purpose of bypassing the factory amp? I know the HU only has 4 channel output. Is there a way to set it up so that all the speakers output correctly? If so what do i need to do that?

Anyone who has any experience or knowledge of this task, i would really appreciate more indepth information.

thank you!

Old 11-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Dutch
Default RE: 95 trep infinity HU install Q's

If you are installing an aftermarket HU in a vehicle that has a seperate factory amp,sometimes you have to bypass it to prevent cooking the factory amp or to get any output from the speakers.
The reason is because, the factory amp usually only recieves low input signal from the factory HU. If you hook up directly to it with an aftermarket HU you run the risk of blowing up the input side of the amp.
It's like hooking up and Eclipse HU with 8v outputs to a Pioneer amp that only accepts 4v, your gonna fry something.

In some cases you don't have to bypass the factory amp just power it up using the remote wire from your new HU, but its probably not a good idea unless you have technical specs on the factory amp, or don't care if you burn it up.

If your willing to risk the amp then try hooking up the remote wire from the new HU to the remote wire in the Harness adapter.

Good Luck,
Dutch

Old 11-24-2007, 10:44 AM
hazel_fae
Default RE: 95 trep infinity HU install Q's

Thanks for making that clear for me!

I'm going to do the install today. but i had another Q, how difficult is it to replace the stock amp with a new amp, and would you have to replace any speakers?
i suppose that depends on what speakers came with my model car, but i will check that today.

Quick Reply: 95 trep infinity HU install Q's